What to introduce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xxsurdocxx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 38 gallon tank with three platy fry (two male and one female), two albino corys, and six neon tetras as well as four blue mystery snails and an algae eater. I would really like to complete it by adding one or two more fish but I don't know if that will overcrowd my tank. I also have no idea what kind of fish I want to add. Any thoughts?

up the neon school to 8 or 10. and one of the following;

3 or 4 Fancy guppies
dwarf or regular size gourami
school of cherry barbs
school of harlequin rasboras
school of really almost any tetra you like (minus Buenos aires or congo).
2 or 3 Hatchet fish
2 German blue rams
2 Bolivian rams

If you get all males you won't have any babies. Also, boost your cories up to 5, and I agree with rounding up more with the neons as well.

Haha. I suppose thats true. Would it be a bad idea to get a few angels? Ive always wanted to try getting them and my water is perfect for them. Im just worried the other fish might nip their fins?

You should also get some more female platys maybe another 3. otherwise the 2 males will run that female to death in no time.

I honestly was planning on giving one away. I gave the adult platys to a close friend but I didnt want to move the fry until the were big enough. They are just under an inch now so they don't have long to go

Back
Top Bottom