What to put in my fuge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canyon15

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am soon to have a 10g sump/fuge up and running and i do know the basics but is there anything else? I am putting sand (to be seeded once in) an some LR or LR rubble and...........? Macroalgea(if so what type and the benefits)? Some snails for cleaning? Pods? I want to do it right so I turn it over to all of you. TIA. :)

Sounds like you pretty much have it together. The Macroalgea that does best in your fuge will depend on your exact nutrient mix. If you can get scrapps from other reefers near you, then try them all out and keep whichever grows fastest in your situation.

I use grape calerpa in mine but I`ve heard others say that it goes sexual which I`ve never seen. Maybe because I leave my lights on 24/7. I feed my tangs the excess.

keeping the lights on 24/7 will do a really good job of preventing any of the caulerpas from going sexual. So will pruning it on a regular basis. Hands down,IMO, the best macro for safety and decent nutrient exportation is chaeto.

I would put some crabs in the mix as well. maybe a star or two.

I use LR rubble, sand (thin layer, tank is DSB) and chaeto macro algae which has been a God send.

Thanks for all the advice. It's nice to know that am learning more than I thought! :D Where can you get chaeto, LFS?

Back
Top Bottom