What to stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forester

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone I have a newly setup 55g saltwater tank and I would appreciate your ideas. Here's my ideas so far
Pair of clownfish
School of cardinalfish

Thanks

i think you will be bored to tears watching a school of cardinals. blennies, gobies, ornamental shrimp, crabs, etc are interesting to watch.

I have to agree with mr x I spend more time watching my invertebrates than the fish.

I was planning on getting an emerald crab and a banded coral shrimp. And maybe a few firefish gobies. Do you know of any schooling fish besides cardinalfish. Also could i have a flame angel. Finally what types if blanches would be good. Thanks

Forester said:
I was planning on getting an emerald crab and a banded coral shrimp. And maybe a few firefish gobies. Do you know of any schooling fish besides cardinalfish. Also could i have a flame angel. Finally what types if blanches would be good. Thanks

Chromis school. And I wouldn't do more than one firefish, unless they're a mated pair. They hide alot too. I'm pretty sure you can have a flame angel in a 55g, but you might want to read up on them. Not sure what your future plans are for this tank.

The thing about chromis usually you end up with one or two. Flame angels are a very beautiful tan but they need a tank that is very stable, make sure you do your research on them I found a few people that say they die from an unknown cause about 3 to 6 weeks after being in a tank. It might be because the way they are caught. Also I would add the angel last because they can be a little aggressive. Figure out what you want to put in and then go with the most peaceful fish first.

How about this,
1.Pair of clownfish
2.Pair of firefish
3.School of chromis
4.Clown goby
5.Not decided?
6.Flame angel

Also how many pounds of rock should I use thanks.

I agree with Joy about the chromis. For some reason over the years when I buy a school- they end up being one or two.

a 55 is too small for schooling fish, besides the chromis, which are quite uneventful IMO, and die off, as stated.
50 or so pounds of rock would be good for your tank. just look for very light, porous pieces with character- not heavy boulder type rocks, and use as much as you can fit and the tank still be pleasing to the eye.

Back
Top Bottom