What type of cleaners would I need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all,

I've been looking and looking for info on this. I know that others have posted info on this. But have a 75gal FOWLR that got wiped out last week except for my snowflake eel. He lived. Well the tank is back and I have the eel and some damsels in there and they are doing great. But I have a lot of hair algae and other stuff. So I want to get a cleaner pack to clean up. I was looking at www.saltwaterfish.com for them. Any ideas on this.
Thanks

Just order a cleaner pack from there and that should be about right.

I doubt anything you get from that clean pack will eat hair algae. go for a tang, lawnmower blenny, or a sea hare (hard to feed after they deplete the algae source) if you want something that will get rid of it. Other than that, skim aggresively, do lots of water changes, cut back on feeding, and manually remove the algae to get rid of it.

about the only tang that will touch hair algae is a kole tang, and that is iffy.
sally lightfoot crabs eat hair algae. The problem you will have is that the crabs will become eel food soon. I had a tank wipe out a couple years ago. The hair algae was a pretty intense phase to have to go through afterwards. I plucked it manually every night, then finally got it to the point where most of it was staying under control. Then I left the lights off for several days. That ultimately helped to finish it off.

My yellow rabbitfish ate all my hair algae in like two days. He is awesome. He is always picking at the rocks.

Back
Top Bottom