What type of coral???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chireaux

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought this fri at my lfs but forgot what he called it, and never thought to ask him if I needed to feed it or not. If so what do I feed it? Thanks

Chireaux said:
I bought this fri at my lfs but forgot what he called it, and never thought to ask him if I needed to feed it or not. If so what do I feed it? Thanks

Here is the pic

image-432260077.jpg

Yes, that's exactly it, I knew it started with a D. Lol thanks for the link

Spot feed a mix of phytoplankton and mysis 3 times a week

I have zooplex, would that work. I'm not exactly sure whats in it.

I'm assuming that is stuff for filter feeders. Put some in a turkey baster, put it right infront of your duncan and blast it.

Still isn't mysis, but it's a start.

You will find a ducan will catch flake food if possible and eat that. There is several things you can feed them including raw table shrimp in tiny tiny little pieces.

One strange thing I have noticed when one ducan poops they all do so if you see the colony expelling waste don't panic.

I am careful about feeding and don't blast any of my lps because it can cause tissue damage. I really don't spot feed my corals much including my dentros but I also have them in a flow pattern where any food is carried to them.

you don't have to feed them anything. they are photosynthetic. they aren't going to catch particles small enough to feed filter feeders though. they will need something larger, like the above mentioned mysis, or the above mentioned finely chopped raw shrimp/fish.

Back
Top Bottom