What type of Fish Should I get for the size of my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IcedAngelKiss

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 26 gallon high bowed front tank that I am currently Cycling.
I'm pretty new to this whole thing so I was wondering what type and how many I should get.
I currently have a friend fish sitting my Peacock Eel, Angel Fish, and Silver Dollar...I have a 20 gallon tank I am going to start cycling after this one is finished for my Peacock Eel (he will be alone in that tank)
As for my Angel and Silver Dollar, they may or may not be coming back to my tank as her son has become very attached to them...
Anyways...
I like the Semi Aggressive fish and was wondering if I could get some advice on how many I should get, what kind, etc...
I have read that I should get 3 different types of fish...a top dweller, middle, and bottom...is this true in all cases or just some?
I refuse to ask the pet store for anymore advice since because of their WONDERFUL advice I ended up killing off 75% of my fish...
Any and all feed back will be great!

I have a 26 gallon high bowed front tank that I am currently Cycling.

I currently have a friend fish sitting my Peacock Eel, Angel Fish, and Silver Dollar.

I have read that I should get 3 different types of fish...a top dweller, middle, and bottom...is this true in all cases or just some?

To my knowlewdge, the 26 gallon tank will be too small for silver dollars, which should be kept in groups. I don't have them myself but am going by what I've heard and seen. They get pretty big.

With regard to the various levels, when stocking a tank, you don't HAVE to get species for each level, but you should be aware of which level the species you choose occupies. For example, you don't want a tank full of kuhli loaches, plecos and rainbow sharks, as they are all bottom dwellers. They would crowd each other out. Make sense?

So these are the fish I've found that I wouldn't mind having...

Will they work well together...

Betta, Guppy, Killifish, and Rainbow...

They all need a 20 gallon or less size tank and seem to like about the same temps, pH, etc...

I'm not thinking of ALL of them, just a few for my tank size...

What would you guys suggest?

Here's my tank (it is now fishless)
320074_2646215433487_1198698906_3224899_635482995_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom