What would be a good centerpiece fish for my 20G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h2oskierc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 20G Tall Tank with a Marineland Penguin 100B and Aqueon QuietFlow 20 filters.

My current stocking is:
7 x Neon Tetra (Paracheirodon innesi)
3 x Guppy (Poecilia reticulata)
4 x Albino Cory (Corydoras aeneus)
1 x Swordtail (Xiphophorus hellerii)
10 x Ghost Shrimp (Palaemonetes sp.)

And I have some plants:
1 x Anubias hastifolia
3 x Java (Microsorum pteropus)

I intend on re-homing the cories, as my wife thinks they look like little severed fingers swimming around the bottom of the tank. I would like to add in some RCS at some point, but I am looking for a good centerpiece fish. In some other posts I have asked this as a digression, but now I am starting to get closer to wanting to add something.

In a perfect world I would add something a little larger that would encourage the neons to school more and be colored yellow and blue.

My tank has a high pH of 8.2 (very, very stable at 8.2), and currently I do a 30-50% PWC about every week and a half (takes about that long for Nitrates to get high enough to warrant it).

In some PMs with severum mama she had mentioned a golden dwarf acara pair that sounds intriguing (I like the way they look), and the thought of breeding is cool, but I don't know about the cost of a fry tank, and they are smaller than what I had in mind.

Got any suggestions for me? I am sure all the threads about which fish drive people nuts, there's just so many options, and it is so hard to know what will work!

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom