What Would You Add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RCShevalier

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a fifty gallon currently stocked with the following fish:

3 Swordtails
6 Black Neon Tetras
1 Dwarf Gourami
1 L144 Pleco
1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco

I'm wondering if you owned this aquarium what fish you would add to the mix.

Thanks.

fish

I would put 6 cory cats of any kind, an angelfish, a school of 8 neon tetras and some guppys to add color to the top of the tank.

Personally i would swap neons for cardinals, skip the guppies and go endlers, and keep the corys.

A big school of angelicus loaches! Maybe 8 of them? They need a minimum of 5

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh ya and hatchets!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Me personally, I love my rummy nose tetras and they stick together great. And I'm really looking forward to getting 8 panda corries as well. So those would be my picks. I also like having a male guppy with nice colours, but no females for this guy lol been there, done that

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a fifty gallon currently stocked with the following fish:

3 Swordtails

6 Black Neon Tetras

1 Dwarf Gourami

1 L144 Pleco

1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco

I'm wondering if you owned this aquarium what fish you would add to the mix.

Thanks.

I'd add about ten more black neons, a Bolivian ram pair, and a nice shoal of sterbai cories

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

I'd add about ten more black neons, a Bolivian ram pair, and a nice shoal of sterbai cories

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

I'm gonna also agree with this. A large group of schooling fish is much nicer to watch than a couple small groups! Even bringing my tetra group from 6 to 10 made a very nice tank and they all group together great

I'm gonna also agree with this. A large group of schooling fish is much nicer to watch than a couple small groups! Even bringing my tetra group from 6 to 10 made a very nice tank and they all group together great

Agree!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm going to heed the advice given and increase my black tetra count to either ten or eleven. I have to agree that I think it would be nicer.

I'm also hoping to get a few cories. I saw some corydoras sterbai that I liked at the LFS, but didn't want to pay $11.99 per cory. I will wait till I see a species that I like with a better price.

I am also intrigued by going the bolivian ram route. I've never owned these fish but they do look quite nice. Unfortunately I never see them at the LFS and would probably have to make a trip into the city (not a huge deal).

I'm also considering getting one or two angelfish. If I did this I wouldn't go for the rams. I think angels are quite nice looking and I am kind of wanting a larger fish to be a centerpiece to the aquarium.

Be careful with Angel fish. They are semi aggressive but.. Their beautiful fins will go buy buy with some tank mates

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Very true.. small neons are food for an Angel fish

Very true.. small neons are food for an Angel fish

The black neons are bigger... I saw them at my local pet smart... I like em. You should be fine with them. Angel could bully...

Last edited by a moderator:
The black neons are bigger... I saw them at my local pet smart... I like em. You should be fine with them. Angel could bully...

Let me know... I love Angel fish and the black neon

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom