Whats a good led?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acolotto

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have been looking to upgrade my lights for awhile but what would be a good reasonably price led system? I have a 55 gallon and prob need two fixtures...and I'm looking for $600 and under

Would I need 2 of those though for my 55? It's 48 1/4 x 12 3/4 x 21...cause if I do might be a little out of my budget for two

The price I linked isn't very good considering you could buy 2 of the 120w's for less, but I believe it could be found cheaper. I was thinking I saw it for around $350ea.

Would two of the 120w support all corals? I have a mixed reef right now with lps sps softies and a anemone? Sps I only have monti but I wanna get some acros

I bought a MVAVA. It is by far the best fixture for the money. It comes in 1 watt and 10watt. I have the 10watt and it supports all my lps and sps with no problem. My tank is 60"x24"x24" and the fixture cost me $1400. Check them out. Www.mvava.com.

I have three of the Tao tronic on my new 180 they are increadibly bright and they were 157 dollars each on e bay ill put a pic on here so you can see how bright they are definetly will do acropora half way up. MT tank is 2 foot deep 2 foot wide

ForumRunner_20120410_192333.jpg

That 220 watt fixture above isn't going to work because it's not going to cover the tank properly. I would go with 2 of the 120's also. It's enough for whatever you want to keep.
I have montipora on the sand bed of my tank doing well. I had to lower them because they were bleaching under the 120 watt fixtures.
Look for the ones with 30 blue and 25 white. they look nicer than the 30 white and 25 blue, unless you get the dimmable version.

*edit* These are not "good". These will do the job. Good fixtures are starting at about 400 each. You'd need 2.

Last edited:
I decided to go with the taotronic 120w i can't seem to find the dimmable versions but I'm gonna order my first on Friday and the 2nd one hopefully next week or at worst end of the month

Search "dimmable led aquarium" he has 2 different options. You can buy 2 for 320 or 1 for 160

Back
Top Bottom