Whats om my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarluva

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just noticed it on my biggest fish jack dempsey just today and I don't know what it is

Attachments

• image-968898413.jpg
    image-968898413.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 131
  • image-2456873873.jpg
    image-2456873873.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 113
  • image-423227407.jpg
    image-423227407.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 124
I can't really tell. The pic is a little dark. It looks like a white spot, am I correct? Just a question, do you know what Ich looks like? I assume you probably do, but I'm just checking. I'm far from being an expert though, so someone else will jump in (hint, hint). ;)

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Oscarluva said:
I just noticed it on my biggest fish jack dempsey just today and I don't know what it is

Coult be a parasite like ick etc, maybe scratched face on something sharp? Tough to tell from picture. I'm sure an expert will chime in soon.

Does the white dot appear raised from the fishes body like a grain of salt?

Sent from my Droid using Aquarium

Are you referring to the little white dot on his nose?
It's hard to tell with fuzzy pictures but it could be the beginnings of ick.
Watch very closely. If anymore white spots show up, crank up the heat and get out the API salt.
Is he still eating? Are there any behavior changes at all?

Ick won't show up on a photo like that, it looks like grains of salt on the fish. The picture is not clear enough for a diagnosis. Could just be damage from running into something. Keep your water clean and just keep an eye on it. Looks like nothing to me but it's definitely not ick.

The_Desacrator said:
I stand by API Aquarium salt + heat. If its ich thats definitely the way to go.

+1

This cured my tank of ick too. Heat needs to be at 86.

Sent from my Droid using Aquarium

That fish looks like a jewel cichlid not a jack dempsey

Ick won't show up on a photo like that, it looks like grains of salt on the fish. The picture is not clear enough for a diagnosis. Could just be damage from running into something. Keep your water clean and just keep an eye on it. Looks like nothing to me but it's definitely not ick.

I agree, I don't think it's ick either or there would be more than just one whitespot. Looks like a scuff from running into something or being nipped by another fish.

Any sharp decor or other fish that would nip him when feeding? :band:

Thanks I know it's not ick I have encountered it before Thanks

Back
Top Bottom