What's the best way to "install" purigen into my 90 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arenaranger

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am going to be purchasing some purigen to place into my aquarium but am a little unsure about how or where to put it.

I have an eheim 2215 + 2217 + a penguin 350 filter running on my 90 gallon. Where and how would you place the purigen into the system in order to be able to access it easiest to regenerate it etc. I am thinking placing it in the penguin would be best but what do you all think? Maybe placing it in the eheim canister at the top above the white pad would be best?

And how much should I put in as well? I am thinking 250ml would be good even though they say 100ml will be appropriate for 100 gallons. It would just last longer in my opinion between regenerations.

Thanks for your help and thoughts.

You can put it in either one. Just be sure and put it in after the water is clean. I have mine in my canister on top just below the bio-max beads. The 100 ml comes in nice convenient pouches. Unless you have heavy DW tannins, 100 ml should be enough. OS.

Usually Purigen replaces your carbon filtration or can share the same space as carbon (I have both, carbon before Purigen - carbon is cheaper). Honestly, it's amazing. I have a bag just before my mechanical filter, and it works great. The 100 mL pad/pack feels like overkill on my 5g.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

On 100 g I would get the bag that Seachem sells and large jug of the stuff - fill the bag to whatever fits the canister slot for carbon/chemical filter.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom