What's the best way to move a sword

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishey bricks

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm needing to move a sword plant out of one of my tanks, to my emmersed tank. Is there a good way to do this completely killing the plant?

Thanks

Just pull the plant out slowly until you have about 3 or 4 inches of roots exposed, then cut the roots with a pair of sharp scissors.

Just pull the plant out slowly until you have about 3 or 4 inches of roots exposed, then cut the roots with a pair of sharp scissors.
Yes, But what's the best way to transfer it to its emmersed form, once the plant is out of the tank.

Yes, But what's the best way to transfer it to its emmersed form, once the plant is out of the tank.
High-humidity is key. The submerged-form leaves will definitely dry out quickly otherwise, so I would mist them frequently and keep the humidity extra high at least until the roots re-establish and it puts out some emersed-form leaves. Swords are hardy. I've never tried growing a sword emersed but I don't think you'll have any issues as long as the basic needs are met.

High-humidity is key. The submerged-form leaves will definitely dry out quickly otherwise, so I would mist them frequently and keep the humidity extra high at least until the roots re-establish and it puts out some emersed-form leaves. Swords are hardy. I've never tried growing a sword emersed but I don't think you'll have any issues as long as the basic needs are met.
Ok, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom