Whats the cause

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malawi Freak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I can't tell what can be the cause here. I have been trying to keep amazon swords in my cichlid tank and I trim plants weekly. When I trimmed this week I am starting to question if it's the cichlids eating the plants or if it's a lighting issue.

Attachments

• image-4039548096.jpg
    image-4039548096.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 39
  • image-1624620694.jpg
    image-1624620694.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 44
  • image-3277832606.jpg
    image-3277832606.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 41
  • image-4249183573.jpg
    image-4249183573.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 34
I heard that a lack of iron in the water causes this for plants. My Java Fern is starting to get this but no fish of mine eats it.

Echinodorus bleheri hails from tropical regions of the South American continent and prefers a water temperature of 24-28 degrees C. It can adapt to both hard and soft water. Ideally keep the pH-value between 6.5 and 7.5. Echinodorus bleheri appreciates rich gravel and will loose its coloration if deprived of iron. If your Echinodorus bleheri turns yellow, feed it an aquarium plant fertilizer containing chelated iron.

A bit of info off the web hope this helps.

daniel1987 said:
Echinodorus bleheri hails from tropical regions of the South American continent and prefers a water temperature of 24-28 degrees C. It can adapt to both hard and soft water. Ideally keep the pH-value between 6.5 and 7.5. Echinodorus bleheri appreciates rich gravel and will loose its coloration if deprived of iron. If your Echinodorus bleheri turns yellow, feed it an aquarium plant fertilizer containing chelated iron.

A bit of info off the web hope this helps.

Thanks. Looks like I'll be getting some ferts tonight.

My parameters have been consistent for the past few years. 0 nitrItes 0 ammonia 20 nitrAtes and 8.2 ph.

My ph has always made me think it is part of a culprit in my terrible luck with plants (I've been trying to get plants to work for years now of all different variations). I've only done plants that are recommended to work with African cichlids too.

Back
Top Bottom