What's the difference?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oohitsae

Aquarium Advice Addict
Whats the difference between say; RCS, Sakura, and Fire Reds?

I know that sakura and fire reds have more intense color....but I have all 3 types in my 10 gallon and I can't tell between the sakuras and fires.

They are all supposedly different grades of cherry shrimp, to me a cherry shrimp is a cherry shrimp. I selectively breed mine for solid intense coloration.

I believe the difference between sakuras and fire reds are the sakuras will have red in the legs as well. I have all the grades in my tank. I just let them breed as they please though lol

I've even seen a couple of my RCS a deep blood red color.

I believe the difference between sakuras and fire reds are the sakuras will have red in the legs as well. I have all the grades in my tank. I just let them breed as they please though lol

I've even seen a couple of my RCS a deep blood red color.

That's really the best way to do it is just let them all breed and weed out the ones with less desirable coloration. There's no clear cut grading system for the cherries like there is with the bee shrimp, allot of it is just names people attach to shrimp to make them sound more desirable.

I have what they call Taiwan Red Cherries and best I can tell they are one step below what they call the fire reds. What I am doing with this line is selective breeding for size, full color on legs and more of a Neon red vs the Dark blood red that can look almost brown at times.

Back
Top Bottom