Whats wrong? Fungal Infection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Overlord

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello.

Back Story: -- So long story short , we recently moved into a house that a previous family member had been living in. They had a (30 gallon?) Tank with quite a few fish. Not totally sure of the species , but these fish started dying over time and the owner wasn't sure why. Then at some point , 2 other fish had babies together in this tank. The babies died , and basically this person decided to abandon the tank or it was too much work. So I guess this tank became like essentially a mud puddle. Low water level, the water had at one time contained Death and birth & I assume the water wasent changed really in either of those sagas. So there's just 1 guy left...a bristle nose pleco. One hardy fish ,had survived all of that and was living in a very low water level with disgusting water. Well anyway I've now decided to adopt this tank as we've moved in. I'm essentially new / I had tanks when I was younger but basically new. Our house here has "Hard water" meaning it has metals and minerals- it smells and tastes heavily of sulfur. So we got some water gallons from the store and I used them to do a water change...now some were spring water and some were drinking water (Covid water limits). I added 2 caps of stress coat with the water change out of fear of mixing these waters.

So here's my issue : We have the pleco and a snail in the tank now. I noticed that the pleco had acted unusually recently. It normally hides 24/7. It comes out to eat in the dark but when someone passes by it'll hide. So anyway recently I realized this guy was sitting on the floor in a front corner. It didn't scare when I was basically eye to eye with it. It shifted and moved abit. This lasted maybe 3 days?? Now its acting normal again. Ive added pictures- we think it has some "white patches" on its skin - but cannot confirm if he looked like this beforehand or not. So with the super odd behavior and the white stuff, I decided he and the snail may now have a Fungal/Bacterial infection ? So id like a diagnosis on my Pleco and any ideas of what this behavior was. The pleco is hiding like normal but I think he maybe looks thinner than normal? And he's sticking to new areas (often next to a bubbler tube). Could he be trying to gather oxygen because he can't breathe?

Please lmk what you think and ways to help. Ive gotten the filter back online and we are filtering an "All purpose" treatment from Tetra . For Bacterial, Fungal , ick , ect. It runs through the filter without the filter pad , and we add these tablets in daily for a week. Its day 3 of treatment today.

Do you think its a Fungal infection by the pictures? Also sorry if they're uploaded wrong or poorly. New to the site.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200627_033951.jpg
    20200627_033951.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200627_034000.jpg
    20200627_034000.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200627_034021.jpg
    20200627_034021.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200627_034314.jpg