Whats wrong with my flowerhorn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CTFlowerhornLover

Aquarium Advice Freak
He seems to have some kind of sore outside of his mouth and inside it looks like one of his teeth is infected. Also, inside the tank i see a lot of small almost microscopic white worms im concerned about. I have never had this problem before. He is in with a blood parrt they are paired up with and have eggs. Please refer to pics. I also will post a video.

Attachments

• image-12512615.jpg
    image-12512615.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 127
  • image-136022564.jpg
    image-136022564.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 120
  • image-1360392289.jpg
    image-1360392289.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 100
  • image-83668039.jpg
    image-83668039.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 116
Im very worried. He is still very active and eating fine just worried never see this b4

Attachments

• image-848709258.jpg
    image-848709258.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 163
CTFlowerhornLover said:
He seems to have some kind of sore outside of his mouth and inside it looks like one of his teeth is infected. Also, inside the tank i see a lot of small almost microscopic white worms im concerned about. I have never had this problem before. He is in with a blood parrt they are paired up with and have eggs. Please refer to pics. I also will post a video.

Chances are the little white worms (often seen wriggling on the glass about 3-5mm long are either Planaria or Nematodes) both are non-harmful to fish but could indicate excess food and nutrient in the water column. As to the sore on the mouth of the fish I have seen many a nasty mouth ulcer caused by flecxibacter columnaris though usually is followed by a cottony growth as well and maybe a saddle lesion around the dorsal fin. If you are worried about worms, I would say use an anti-parasitical like trichlorfon or praziquantel. (called para-cide and aqua-worm? In australia I think.) do you notice any other symptoms. Is your water quality ok?

Everything is fine. The worms i want to get rid of. I am thinking he got roughed up by his female blood parrot. They hve eggs and she got real aggressive. I am putting methanenblue for the eggs not sure if will help with woud?

As far as thecworms i dont feel i over fees i feed once a day and everyhing dissapears. Ill keep a close eye

CTFlowerhornLover said:
Everything is fine. The worms i want to get rid of. I am thinking he got roughed up by his female blood parrot. They hve eggs and she got real aggressive. I am putting methanenblue for the eggs not sure if will help with woud?

You can use meth blue as an anti fungal for the eggs if you choose but be careful as it can affect your bio filter with sustained use. Hopefully it is just due to some fighting. Columnar is is very nasty. Good luck

I am having people tell ne he has "duck lips" he is still sik inny buddies pet shop started to eat a little but still pretty bad shape

Back
Top Bottom