what's wrong with my guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jldurfe

Aquarium Advice Regular
She been hanging out at the top of the tank for the past few days. Then when I saw her today she looks bloated... not sure if she is just pregnant or sick. She didnt seem that bloated yesterday. And the males are really nipping her fins...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130219_202631.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130219_202631.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 72
  • ForumRunner_20130219_202712.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130219_202712.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 70
Not really knowlagble abut guppies but it looks like she's priganent

I hope thats all... only thing im worried about is she wasn't that big yesterday. And she's not sitting the plants.... she at the top of the tank in the back

She had a weird gravis spot. It was up by her side fins not at the back of her stomach. She had about 4 babies last night and then died... she was still really bloated... not sure what happened to her though

I've read that pregnancy and birth can be very tough on guppy mothers, and that it is not uncommon to lose the mother. I've been lucky and had my female survive multiple births, and she's about to pop again.

That being said, I've got waay too many guppies now.

Based on the tail and the caudal peduncle, that fish had Flexibacter columnaris. May she rest in peace...

David

Back
Top Bottom