Whats wrong with my tiger barbs, and what can I do about them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-Ashley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Recently, I brought 2 tiger barbs, both perfectly healthy. They are active, and feeding the way they should. Yesterday, I noticed one of them started to tip right upside down, and then the other one did shortly after. I gave them some peas, but this morning it doesn't seem to have done anything. Advice would be appreciated, as I don't think they have much longer. :ermm: The day before this incident, I fed the fish cucumber for the first time. Could this have caused it?

If they are otherwise healthy, I wouldn't worry. Tiger Barbs commonly swim in a head down position at almost 45 degrees. How large is your tank? TBs really need to be in schoals of 8+ IME otherwise they will become aggressive as they mature.

Hi I have a school of 8 tiger barbs and they will do they as the night falls and they are getting sleepy....seriously that is how they sleep get a night light or a flash light and look in the tank in the middle of the night...all of mine have their nose pointed towards the subtrate but once the light comes on everyone is swimming and ready to eat....

Back
Top Bottom