what's wrong with this plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timwag2001

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hygrophila corymbosa. i noticed little brown pinhole spots and some that look like little brown lines. now they are getting bigger and becoming larger holes. here's a pic. please help

100_0818.jpg

Pinholes are typically an effect of a potassium deficiency. These then can grow into what you see here.

Do you dose ferts? if so, up your K. It's difficult to overdose K, so don't worry too much about that.

i dose P,K and trace and iron with csm+b
what would an overdose be considered for K? how many ppm? is there a limit to make it unhealthy for fish? why is it hard ot o.d. K?

K just has little affect outside of plants, so overdosing to the point that it causes concern for your tank is just difficult, you'd really need to put in a ton of it to have any negative side effects.

Since you're dosing anyway, I'd up the dosage by 25-50%, just on K (nothing else) and give it a few weeks to see how it does.

most people shoot for 10-20 ppm. like neilanh said oding k really wont effect anything. its used as a way to test for tds more then anything.

Back
Top Bottom