When to change the DI filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaybird

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How much of the filter needs to change colour before you change the filter? About the bottom 25% of mine has changed to a rusty red, but it hasn't moved from there for a while. Should I change it when it reaches about 75-80%, or what?

Sorry for the question, but I've never had an RO/DI unit before this one. I was a freshy before, so I never used one.

Do you have a TDS meter hooked to it? If you don't I would probaly change it when it reaches about 75-80% like you said.

I'm gonna see if I can get a TDS meter that isn't too expensive. If it costs too much it would just be cheaper in the end to change the filters more often

A dual meter that has a probe before and after DI is about $30 and a pen style is about $20. IMAO the dual meter is the way to go. I look at it like that is the cost of a nice frag and I know for sure what is going in my tank. Just my opinion.

If they are about $20 then I may pick on up. Don't really care how bad the water is going in.....just that it comes out clean :)

Seeing that I've only done about 180G of water so far....that 25% of discolouration may mean my tap water is as dirty as Britney Spears before the intervention

Back
Top Bottom