Where can I get plants with flowers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy Account

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! So I am getting a new 75 gallon tank and I am putting a lot of thought into plant especially recently. There are tons of beautiful options and I got a good light to accommodate for some of the nicest plants that need more light. Anyways I have seen some pictures and heard of aquarium plants flowering. What plants might be most likely to do this and is it hard to get them to do so? Thanks! ??

Anacharis flowers like crazy with even moderate light.

Anubias will flower and the newest craze in plants Bucephlandra will flower. I have just little ones so I don't have any real experience but have seen tons of flowers.

You can also allow plants to grow out of the water and with lighting above can maybe get plants to flower.

Just as garden plants do not flower continuously, you will not have a constant display of flowers.

Another option is making a planter box filter type system to grow plants out the back above the tank - like house plants. It needs reinforced due to heavy weight of water plants and roots. So the water is pumped up and into the filter box with some kind of media and returns to the tank. Lush and interesting but requires thinking and work. Have a neighboring town hobbyist who made a very nice one.

Last edited:
Interesting! I've also been wondering about flowering plants to add texture and color to my tank.

Fish...

Anubias is an easy aquatic plant that blooms in the right water and light conditions. I like the Prayer plant and Chinese evergreen. These take a bit of work, as they're land plants. But, they're very adaptable to a water and lower light environment and bloom regularly.

B

Back
Top Bottom