Where did my nerite snails go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MartyMA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay, I plopped four zebra nerite snails into a heavily planted 20 long a couple of days ago. Now, it was not an algae farm but there is a bit on the glass. At first, I saw them cruising around but now, nothing. No snails to be seen. I do know that nerites will bail but where did they go? I have checked the tank as best I can but see nothing. Checked the floor...nothing. I will keep looking around. Any ideas? :huh::huh:

You know its funny you posted this. I have a Nerite in my 5.5g that I swear I haven't seen in months, I figured he (or she) was dead, then today its cruising along the glass. I was so surprised to see him! They hide quite well. I have 4 or so in my 46g tank & it can be days that I don't see any of them. If they're dead you'll find an empty shell, I have before. Hope you find them.

Sometimes my mts going up the intake of my AC20 and go under the media basket. Check there.

Well, at least one showed up today. I bet that I just can't see them with all of the plants and driftwood. Still going to check the the HOB later.

Back
Top Bottom