Where do I cut this shoot to replant it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe5688

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last time I had one of these I cut it and it didn't grow lol. This is is 3 times larger. It's probably about a 2' shoot.

Where do I cut it and when so I can replant it?

ForumRunner_20120320_234308.jpg

Yep, I wouldn't cut it since it will keep sending runners along that branch. Each one of those little things with leaves and tiny roots is it's own plant. So when you are done letting it run, you can cut the runner stem off and then cut all stems in between each plantlet.

Mumma.of.two said:
The runner off the sword? Weigh it down on the substrate. The plantlets will take root.

there are 3 of them on the runner. (i'm guessing it's not called a shoot lol) will all 3 become plants or is it just1?

jetajockey said:
Yep, I wouldn't cut it since it will keep sending runners along that branch. Each one of those little things with leaves and tiny roots is it's own plant. So when you are done letting it run, you can cut the runner stem off and then cut all stems in between each plantlet.

Haha **** u posted right before I posted

It's crazy how the runners come out of no where and get a giant growth spurt.

Once I added root caps, my Chain Swords took off ! Now I have to keep them in check LOL I noticed a sneaky runner shot through my breeding tube ;)
I took out 4 baby Sword plants tonight.

Coursair said:
Swords are heavy root feeders, Carbon is good, but they may look and grow even better with root tabs. I don't use any CO2 and my Swords are growing like weeds ;)

Yeah I've read about them going crazy with tabs. Maybe one day I'll buy some lol

Back
Top Bottom