Where do you get your decorations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm going to be setting up a 150 gallon tank here shortly, planning on a lemon oscar, super red severum, some silver dollars, and a featherfin catfish. I really like the natural looking aquariums with large river rock and some twisted up wood in it; however, I have no clue where to find this stuff. I've been looking around at pet stores near me and everything is either way too small or just too fake looking. I live in Kentucky and am hesitant to just pull stuff from nature...especially from the disgusting Ohio river. Anybody have a place they'd recommend looking at?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have a mom and pop fish store here that sells all the good stuff...its a bit more expensive but well worth it. Have any of those around?

Sent from my 831C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For my tanks with rock I went to a rock quarry , you could also try like a " outdoor nursery " that does landscaping ..

125gal Waiting for C/A cichlids , 55gal African Cichlids , 75gal "wet pet "oscar , 75 gal empty setting up for ????10gal & 56gal column cycled but no stock

If you keep an eye on Aquabid and Ebay, there are several sellers there that offer larger driftwood pieces that will be good fits for your tank.

For the rocks, I second the suggestions above to go to your local landscaping supply place. Just do some research first around which rocks won't affect your pH or leech minerals. Once you know which ones are safe, bring your tank measurements over while looking at the rocks. They'll have huge piles of rocks of varying types and sizes to pick your favorites from.

Mopani wood is probably the best bet, it will last for many, many years in water. Just google it and shop around for the best price for large pieces.

Back
Top Bottom