Where to buy Apistos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsantucci

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

I'm trying to find apistogramma cacatuoides for sale, preferably a male/female pair. I'm not able to locate very many. Aquabid only has 2 on there now, and I really would rather red or orange, not the blue I see.

I'm hoping someone else knows of another source maybe?

They can be hard to find ask you lfs if they can order you some. I know aquatic clarity has none. Wet spot probably has some. Just search around you'll find some. I'm looking for some females so let me know if you get any leads

They can be hard to find ask you lfs if they can order you some. I know aquatic clarity has none. Wet spot probably has some. Just search around you'll find some. I'm looking for some females so let me know if you get any leads

Will do. I'm probably going with two males for now from the place we spoke of though.

Unless I see something better come up on aquabid before I am ready.

I can walk into just about any LFS around here and find some. I have no idea why so many people think they are hard to find. Also Wetspot has more than a few, they have:

Apistogramma agassizi "Double Red"
Apistogramma cf. agassizi "Tefe Pearl Blue"
Apistogramma bitaeniata
Apistogramma bitaeniata WILD Peru
Apistogramma borelli "Blue"
Apistogramma cacatuoides "Super Red"
Apistogramma cacatuoides "Orange Flash"
Apistogramma hongsloi Form II
Apistogramma nijsseni "Panda Dwarf"
Apistogramma panduro
Apistogramma sp. "Pebas"
Apistogramma trifasciata
Apistogramma viejita "Red Neck"

I can walk into just about any LFS around here and find some. I have no idea why so many people think they are hard to find. Also Wetspot has more than a few, they have:

Apistogramma agassizi "Double Red"
Apistogramma cf. agassizi "Tefe Pearl Blue"
Apistogramma bitaeniata
Apistogramma bitaeniata WILD Peru
Apistogramma borelli "Blue"
Apistogramma cacatuoides "Super Red"
Apistogramma cacatuoides "Orange Flash"
Apistogramma hongsloi Form II
Apistogramma nijsseni "Panda Dwarf"
Apistogramma panduro
Apistogramma sp. "Pebas"
Apistogramma trifasciata
Apistogramma viejita "Red Neck"

Thanks for the info. Your clearly have better LFS' near you than I do in jersey. I have a hard time even finding healthy guppies. The last time I chanced a LFS I brought two Bolivian Rams home with camallanus worms and only one survived treatment.

Some aren't so lucky. I'll check wetspot out and I'll have to look up reviews on them as I'm not familiar with them.

I'll check wetspot out and I'll have to look up reviews on them as I'm not familiar with them.

You'll be hard pressed to find a better large scale retailer in the US. I'd be willing to bet most of the LFS up and down the west coast purchase fish from their wholesale business The Cichlid Exchange.

Your lucky then. Happy that wetspots got some. Shipping is what detours me from them
At most it would be about $30 which isn't that bad considering you'd be getting the exact fish you want and healthy ones to boot. I order from them all the time and its $15 but would gladly pay up to $30 to get exactly what I want.

I have no idea why shipping deters so many people from ordering fish, shrimp and plants online?! That little extra is well worth it.

You'll be hard pressed to find a better large scale retailer in the US. I'd be willing to bet most of the LFS up and down the west coast purchase fish from their wholesale business The Cichlid Exchange.

At most it would be about $30 which isn't that bad considering you'd be getting the exact fish you want and healthy ones to boot. I order from them all the time and its $15 but would gladly pay up to $30 to get exactly what I want.

I have no idea why shipping deters so many people from ordering fish, shrimp and plants online?! That little extra is well worth it.

I just find them more locally and shipping is like $5. Plus I'm just a poor college kid so everything helps lol.

Thanks for the info. Your clearly have better LFS' near you than I do in jersey. I have a hard time even finding healthy guppies. The last time I chanced a LFS I brought two Bolivian Rams home with camallanus worms and only one survived treatment.

Some aren't so lucky. I'll check wetspot out and I'll have to look up reviews on them as I'm not familiar with them.

Check out Ely's Tropical fish in Florham Park , NJ. I know I saw some when I was there in May. They are open every day but Tuesdays. He also can order fish for you if you don;t see what you want. You can also try Sharkey's aquarium in Point Pleasant, NJ. Saw some there as well.

Hope this helps (y)

Definitely look into aquabid. Wetspot is good because they have a large selection, so you can possibly compound shipping, but if you're only looking for 1-2 species, definitely check AB. On wetspot, an unsexed pair of cacatuoides super red is $25, I was able to get 8 on aquabid for $33 total. All very healthy and from a good breeder.

Definitely look into aquabid. Wetspot is good because they have a large selection, so you can possibly compound shipping, but if you're only looking for 1-2 species, definitely check AB. On wetspot, an unsexed pair of cacatuoides super red is $25, I was able to get 8 on aquabid for $33 total. All very healthy and from a good breeder.

Thanks, checked Aquabid and they just don't have a lot of cacatuoides right now. Just bad timing. I do have a breeder I've contacted who has triple reds though for a great price so I'll be buying from him.

Back
Top Bottom