Where to buy gluteraldehyde?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LS240

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm trying to find a good source for gluteraldehyde as a carbon supplement. I know about Metricide 14 but I'd prefer something much higher in concentration than the 2.6% in Metricide, perhaps 25-50% so I can dilute it and make more for the money. Any leads?

Source for "Glut"

I'm trying to find a good source for gluteraldehyde as a carbon supplement. I know about Metricide 14 but I'd prefer something much higher in concentration than the 2.6% in Metricide, perhaps 25-50% so I can dilute it and make more for the money. Any leads?

Hello LS...

Do an internet search for "Cidex". It's more concentrated than most sources containing the industrial form of carbon, in excess of 4 percent last time I checked.

B

I agree with Foster53, I found out about glut from Rivercats. She also uses glut so she can help you with dosing also. I believe the link she gave me was from Amazon so try there.

There is also a Metricide 28 which is a stronger concentration but be sure to get the dilution correct.

Thank you all! I think I'll go with the Metricide 14 from Amazon. Really that's nearly a year's supply for less than $30. I can live with that!

I've never used any of the other strengths of Glut but I'm sure if you dig enough you could turn up the information. And if you have a janitoral supply or veternary supply company close by you could call and see it they have it and save yourself shipping.

Back
Top Bottom