Where to buy plants online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishrex

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is a good place to buy freshwater plants online?, I'm looking for high quality snail free.

Very few places can guarantee snail free plants so what I've done for years is soak new plants for 20-30 minutes in a mix of 1 part hydrogen peroxide 3% to 3 or 4 parts water. It kills most snails, eggs, algae, and other unwanted hitch hikers.

I've gotten plants from The Planted Tank for sale page. They have a lot of the less commonly found plants. I've used ExtraPlants.com and AquariumPlants.com as well. The only plants I've ever gotten over the years that were absolutely guaranteed snail free are the plants you can buy in those little tubes they sell at Pet Smart.

I've used aquariuplants.com a few times with no issues. Be aware their plants are grown really close to the light possibly partially or fully emersed for some because they really had to adapt to my tanks. So allow time for new leaves to grow and be prepared to remove the old ones. This isn't a big deal to me because I still have plants from when I ordered from them 7 yeyears ago... or I should say propagations from those plants! Lol. I ordered from them a couple of years ago also.

peabodys paradise has good prices on their plants and the shipping is not expensive. I would contact jetajocky about it since he's the owner of the site.

Back
Top Bottom