Where to buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adkjoe

Aquarium Advice Regular
For you guy's like me who live in the middle of no where, where do you get your fish? The closest and pretty much only places are pet smart and pet co which are far away and I've already had a bad experience with diseased fish from both places. How about ordering online? Is that recommended or a smart thing to do? There are no LFS anywhere around, anyone suggest a reputable place for online ordering?

For you guy's like me who live in the middle of no where, where do you get your fish? The closest and pretty much only places are pet smart and pet co which are far away and I've already had a bad experience with diseased fish from both places. How about ordering online? Is that recommended or a smart thing to do? There are no LFS anywhere around, anyone suggest a reputable place for online ordering?

The internet. Depends on what fish you are looking for, for which website you want to go on.

I buy from petco but have quarantine tanks. Enough said the Internet is the best way to go. Save up for shipping and do not ever order during or near holidays. My freinds have had fish and fish supplies thrown to their door before.

Not sure what I am going to finish stocking this 55G with yet. So far theres a convict, rainbow shark, and a giant danio.

I haven't bought fish online yet, but been thinking about it (same reasons as you! Live in the sticks and stores nearby are crap). I go on liveaquaria.com and lust over fish lol. That is where I would buy, I know they're reputable and I buy from foster and smith all the time (same company). There are more I see on here but can't recall the websites. I know people buy from thatpetplace and trade/buy alot on here as well.

I haven't bought fish online yet, but been thinking about it (same reasons as you! Live in the sticks and stores nearby are crap). I go on liveaquaria.com and lust over fish lol. That is where I would buy, I know they're reputable and I buy from foster and smith all the time (same company). There are more I see on here but can't recall the websites. I know people buy from thatpetplace and trade/buy alot on here as well.

I know aquaticstoyourdoor.co.uk sell decent fish, if I was to buy online I'd use them, however if international I'm not 100% sure:/

Buying online is the way to go if you can't get them in person. Most vendors offer guaranteed live arrival with Express shipping (usually 1 day delivery). Here are some good sites:

Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums
Tropical Freshwater Aquarium Fish Mail Order - German Blue Rams, Cichlids & Labyrinth Fish, Rainbowfish and Blue-eyes
AquaBid.com - Sell or buy aquarium equipment and fish in an auction format (kinda like eBay for fish stuff, just buy from people with good feedback)
Home
Invertebrates by Msjinkzd | Specializing in invertebrates and micro fish from around the world.

There are plenty others but those are the ones I know people have been very satisfied with.

You can do Aquabid or check on the Sale Pages on various forums. But I often order fish from Live Aquaria and Oddballfish.com. Live Aquaria has not only the cheapest over night shipping rate but they also have a 14 day live guarantee and it's hassle free if you do have to use it.

Back
Top Bottom