Where's my Royal Gramma?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Packohotdogs

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I got a royal gramma a month ago... His name is Roy (original huh?:rolleyes:).

He's been awesome.... Came right out the first day, ate like a champ. Even started hosting the favorite corner with my two clowns. He only darted into his hole when the lights changed.

Then last night I saw him flashing on a rock. Only saw one small white spot on his tail, but my clowns are great.

Today I get home and checkout the tank as always, and not only is he not there to greet me, but he's GONE. I mean GONE. I looked in every rock crevice, and there's no sign he ever was there.

So, if he kicked the proverbial bucket could he have been consumed completely by my six hermits and cleaner shrimp in 12 hours? Any ideas what could have happened?

Yes, a CUC can eat things pretty quick. Could it have jumped out? Look all around the tank carefully...that is often where the disappearing fish show up.

Hope it's not dead but just keep an eye out as can be very good at hiding

Thanks so much for the responses guys! I found him today. Unfortunately Roy now sleeps with the fishes. He was in a cave with the crabs on him. Not sure what went wrong, as since I added the live real reef rock two months ago, my water has been stellar.

RIP Roy!

Hi Bray...

As of last night they were:

SG: 1.025
PH: 8.1
Amm: 0
Nit: 0
Nitrates: ~5ppm

He was eating like a horse up to the day he disappeared and more social than ever. Not sure what happened to the poor guy.

it happens, sometimes it's just the fish, remember they travel so far to get to us and their travel arrangements arent the best. Just keep up with your tank and try again is what you have to do.

Sorry about Roy.

Cool better than mine as nitrate sit at 15-20 ppm. I would say them same. Don't let put you off getting other one as cool fish

Back
Top Bottom