which buffer to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cunningham

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi i was just wondering what kind if any i should use?
ive had a saltwater tank for a couple years now and up until a few months ago i was using treated tap water and i was also adding supplements and everything else the petstore told me to buy and then u guys all told me get ridda the chemicals and get ro/di water so i switched over to ro/di water and i haven't added anything but the water and salt and my tank is doin awesome now.... its never bin better all my corals and fish r healthy and look great....but i noticed today my pH was a bit low at 7.8 and i know in the morning its usually lower than at night but i don't think it should be this low? or is it nothing to worry about? ive bin tryin to keep away from chemicals but if theres something i should be using that works good please let me know thanks
-Dan

7.8 PH is fine

The generally accepted pH level in a basic saltwater system is between 7.6 and 8.4, but reef tanks are a bit more sensitive, and therefore need to be kept at the higher end of the pH scale, 8.0 to 8.4.

Back
Top Bottom