Which Canister filter for a 36 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alchemy129

Aquarium Advice Regular
Looking to get a 36 gal bow front or 37 gal Cube to fit on certain chest in my room. Been hearing about the superiority of canister filters and this will be my first tank big enough to make use of one. I've been hearing alot about the Xp3 on differnt forums but have also read several complaints of it eventually starting to leak from the top. But i'm looking at anyhting in the $100 or less range. Also with my tank being only 36gal I figured the smaller Xp2 would be more apropriate, or would that still be overkill?, I want alot of overfiltration for sure but i also don't want my water to spin like a washing machine. It all honesty it will be a medium planted, fully stocked tank. Is this the model for me or do u recommend a differnt brand? I'm willing to order online for the best price.

- Thanks for your time.

well personaly i like the casscade canister filters...... you could get a small one for your 36.... i know its not the newest thing out there... but o'well i like them and they have always been reliable..... (not like the leaking you mentioned)

you could get the casscade 500 canister.... that would work i think... or even the 700 if you want a lot of filtration....

i know not the newest and most popular, but as i said before... i like them and they are reliable!!!

Hey guys thanks for all the good reply's! Just to let you know i went to my local Petsmart right after my original post. I discovered my original plan of putting a 36 gallon tank on top of a chest/piece of furniture wasn't acceptable becasue it couldn't handle the weight becasue it wasn't braced in the center and would cave in under 300 lbs plus constant weight. So I decided to take it as a good thing and go ahead and go up another notch or two in size w/ a stand combo. So i'll post another post like this later on when i have the tank purchased.

And on a side note, prices online vs in store on canister filters is incredible, i'll definetly be ordering online.

Just so you know, if you print out the online price from Petsmart, most local stores will honor it if you take a printout into the store

Get a 50-60 gallon, don't mess with bowfront or cubes. If you get the canister shipped,

Actually, if you wanted it shipped:

Free shipping with order over 50$

Use SAVEFEB as your coupon code to get 10$ off

Use Paypal with

https://paypal.promotionexpert.com/greatshopping/signup/200702/misc_s.html?route=misc.s

Signed up so that you get a 15$ rebate.

You get 25$ off.

As always, YMMV.

I got my canister shipped and it came in 4 days. The thing is HEAVY, and free shipping on that is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom