Which light system - Satellite or Aqualight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Voodoo Chilli

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm in the planning stages of a 55g FOWLR tank and I've decided on (4) 65 watt lights (260 watts total). The only problem is the Aqualight and Satellite systems both provide this, not to mention those cool lunarlights as well. ;)

I can't really tell any difference between the two, so I'd love to get some opinions/feedback from others who've owned either of these lights or other lights made by Current or Coralife.

Also, would I be better off with (2) 24-inch lights, or one 48-inch light?

Thanks!

I have a 24" Satellite on a 20H planted tank. It only has one 65W bulb, so it isn't as nice as the one you are looking at. I've enjoyed it and I haven't had any problems with it. We use the 48" Coralife Aqualights at the store I work for, and they seem nice too. We don't have the ones with the moonlights though. We don't have any trouble with them either. I'd say they are really similar in terms of quality and you would probably be satisfied with either one.

Go with one 48in fixture. Other then that, it is six of one, half a dozen of the other. They are very similar. I have owned the Coralife aqualight and was very happy with it. Coralife also offers excellent customer service and a very low defect rate. I do not have any persoanl experience with Current, but they also get good reviews.

I use a Coralife Aqualight on my Reef tank, and my FW planted tank. No comments from me, they both work great. I have never used Current's Satellite, so I can't comment on it either.

Back
Top Bottom