Which powerhead size for 15g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bdk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey there, new to this forum and I'm getting ready to purchase supplies to start up my 15g nano tank and the only question I have left is which size powerhead would be best for my tank?? Koralia nano 240 or 425, or maxi-jet 295. Planning on putting live sand, at least 15lbs of LR, a couple of small fish and a little CUC. Filter will run 150 GPH. We had a 10g a few years back, but due to a big move we had to leave it behind. Hope to be more involved in the forum once the tank is up and I'm excited to get back into this hobby! Thanks in advance!:p

What else are you planning?
Live Rock and sps corals? Go bigger, otherwise the smaller one will do. You want 10x - 20x of tank volume in total flow in the tank and even more if you will have heavy sps.

welcometoaa.gif

Thanks for the reply. For right now just the LR and fish. The thing is we live on an island, so we are going to get whatever becomes available to us, if that means coral in the future, it'll probably be simple SPS.

Can anyone else give us a little input?? And really what you think about the Maxi-jet vs. Koralia? Sorry to be in a rush but we have to get the order for this piece in tonight so our visitors can bring it with them from the states!!!! :) Thank you!

I use both of them and they are both great. The koralia nano looks much nicer in the display tank compared to the maxi-jet.

I use both of them and they are both great. The koralia nano looks much nicer in the display tank compared to the maxi-jet.
I agree with you on the look of the Koralia, they do look nicer :) And what do you think is better for us, I've been reading up a little more and I'm starting to think the 240 might be a little small. On the other hand I don't want to blow my fish out of the water.... LOL Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom