Whisper 20 HOB filter insert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennandjuicetm

Aquarium Advice Freak
I jist got a used Whisper 20 power filtered with another tank. I am planning on adding this to my 10 gallon. I got a DIY carbon bag and a small sponge with it. Can I just take out the carbon and fill the entire space with sponge? I already have some clean Aqua Clear filter foam that fits perfectly.

Awesome thanks! I figure out I could adjust the water flow, willl turning it down make it filter less water than 20gph or does it solely effect how fast the water flows through?

Also, my betta is so mad. He attacked it. Now 5 minutes later he doesn't seem to mind anymore. Lol

Awesome thanks! I figure out I could adjust the water flow, willl turning it down make it filter less water than 20gph or does it solely effect how fast the water flows through?

Yes it will flow less than 20gph and may create more of a calming environment for it. Just to be sure, you are adding the second filter and not removing the original, correct ? It will take time for it to accumulate the BB needed. As it looks from your profile this is a very new tank and possibly not cycled.

Yes, I'm just adding it. Hoping that I can use it to help cycle any future tanks. That's if this tank ever cycles! Lol

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes, I'm just adding it. Hoping that I can use it to help cycle any future tanks. That's if this tank ever cycles! Lol

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol !!! Very cool then and a smart move IMO. I have multiple tanks and filters in each so I can grab a tank out of my garage, fill it with water, and drop a filter in at any time. Sometimes I'll just fill one and throw in a few moss balls and brand new filter and leave it alone for two months without testing or maintenance, just because lol.

Just a couple words to help you along then. Take your time. I understand you wanted it to happen yesterday but it just doesn't ??. We've all been there a few times. You're doing it right.

Back
Top Bottom