White Bump on Blackmoor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaffooJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello! I have had a strange white bump on my Blackmoor Goldfish for a little while now. I had seen it before on him but it usually disappears after a month or so. This bump has been here for about 3 months so I decided to check it out. He is about 2 years old and is fairly large. In a 20 gallon tank with a ryukin, baby lionhead and a comet (which I am going to put in a pond). I change 50% of water every week to week and a half. I'm not sure about the parameters as i don't have any test strips, but i'm sure the water cannot be bad because i changes it a few days ago. The bump doesn't seem to affect him and swims happily around the tank, with no change in diet or behavior. The other fish have no signs of any white spots, and i think it is just access slime coat as it tends to hang around the top for food. I feed them pellets and blood worms, but since it grew up with flakes, it likes to eat at the top. Any information would be great! :fish2:

Attachments

• P1000416[1].jpg
    P1000416[1].jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 92
The symptoms you are seeing are due to unhealthy water in an overstocked tank. The moor has other slime coat issues due to toxic water that I can see in the picture as well beyond the white area on his tail.

I know I have mentioned previously in your other posts that your tank situation really needs to be addressed as soon as possible and that they need an aggressive water change schedule in the interim. One wc every week and half to two weeks simply is not sufficient and you honestly should be doing wcs atleast every other day to daily. You need to invest in a good liquid test kit as well. The API fw master test kit is on sale on Amazon and BigAls right now for about $16. Please ask any questions!

Alright, thanks! I found a good deal on a 50 gallon tank for them. I have one concern though. Where could I find a replacement lid for a 50 gallon, since most tanks are 55 gallon?

Alright, thank you. It comes with lids, but I can be a little clumsy sometimes. Thanks Roz, now i wont have to worry. I should be able to get the tank soon!

Back
Top Bottom