white cloud minnows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ginty

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys. does anyone know if these fish change colour. i got home from work and turnt the light on and i noticed my fish had turnt from its normal silver to a silvery pink colour. i did a water change and it changed back to silver. is this normal?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Have you tested your water parameters? If they changed color back to normal after a wc, it's possible they were stressed from high toxin levels. Is this a new tank?

hi guys. does anyone know if these fish change colour. i got home from work and turnt the light on and i noticed my fish had turnt from its normal silver to a silvery pink colour. i did a water change and it changed back to silver. is this normal?

Is the room naturally dark when the lights are off. If it is, then it's pretty normal for them to do that. My cardinal tetras and rasboras Hengeli do that too.

it isnt that light because i leave the curtains drawn because the sun would shine on my tank. im going to move my tank on my next water change.
my white cloud had been in the dark nearly all day. im going to get some timer plugs so the light will come on at certain times. i was late home yesterday too so the fish did go later without having the light on.

Many fish fade in colour when they are at rest, eg at night. Some fish that come in to me at work are barely recognisable in the transport bags!

Lol, the auto-correct is trying to make me spell colour the American way... how rude! :)

oh ok. thanks for your help. hr seems to be acting normal. i was worried he may be getting ill.

lol. i take it hour from the uk pip? lol

Many fish fade in colour when they are at rest, eg at night. Some fish that come in to me at work are barely recognisable in the transport bags!

Lol, the auto-correct is trying to make me spell colour the American way... how rude! :)
Good to know! I thought my red eye was sick when he used to wake up with a faded tail band. Rip arthur :(

Back
Top Bottom