White Cloud Mountain Minnow Care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello! I was just thinking about what to do with an old 10 gallon and was wondering about white cloud mountain minnows. What are their care requirements? How would I build a wcmm biotope? Do they need current? Any facts and helpful hints would be appreciated. Thanks!

I was thinking about getting some for my tank and searched them a bit. They live in streams that don't get more than 60cm deep. The substrate is darker sand mixed with pebbles and leaves. They prefer like planted tanks, and do need to be kept in a shoal of around 6. Being sub-tropical they prefer temperatures around 17-24 degrees Celsius (70ish Fahrenheit, I think). They eat little crustaceans in the wild, so brine shrimp and blood worms help them out but they'll accept flakes.

That's all I remember, hopefully it helps!

I have a school of 13 Longfin WCMM's in my 220g and can tell you they like to swim and IMO a 10g is way too small for them.

Thanks for all the info. Sorry about the late reply but AA stopped sending me email alerts. I have been doing some research on my own and found out that they like currents, so I think I'll wait until I have a 20g for them. Thanks anyways!

Back
Top Bottom