White maggots?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlove123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone knows anything about white maggot looking things in a freshwater tank. I just lost one of my oldest fish and when I found her she had a hole in her stomach and had a worm\maggot looking thing on her I do have snails in my tank but have never seen them do this much damage. (This is not my first time finding a fish dead) she was acting weird for a little over a week was having trouble swimming and looked like she was bloated on one side eventually the scales in the side that was exposed to the air started to turn white and she just started to show signed of ich so I turned the heat in the tank up to try to kill what I thought was ich and checked on her today and she was behind my filter in concerned as she had fry during the what i can only describe as half bloat and want to keep them healthy as I left them in the quarantine with her any advice would be helpful I have no idea what to do it what this was this started around the time I got new fish from the store that were sick and followed instructions from them that put my community tank at risk it's a long story but want to make sure everybody is healthy the only thing I could find said gill flukes and I want to make sure that im getting the right treatment for these guys

Back
Top Bottom