White spots on driftwood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeyv78

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have these white spots on my driftwood.could it be calcium deposits?

Attachments

• image-2669312301.jpg
    image-2669312301.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 167
  • image-4150681709.jpg
    image-4150681709.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 190
  • image-3030005456.jpg
    image-3030005456.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 162
Driftwood is a natural thing

Lots of strange things happen to Driftwood I got rid of my driftwood as it kept changing the PH!

Hopefully someone will chip in with some answers..

:D

Those look like nerite snail eggs :D I had/have the same thing with my tank. The eggs will not hatch in freshwater but at least your snails are happy ;)

fishfanatic said:
Those look like nerite snail eggs :D I had/have the same thing with my tank. The eggs will not hatch in freshwater but at least your snails are happy ;)

Are those the snails in the pic?I forgot there name. There suppose to be plant friendly

Joeyv78 said:
Are those the snails in the pic?I forgot there name. There suppose to be plant friendly

Yes they appear to be nerite snails. Zebra nerite snails to be exact. And they are vary plant friendly :)

Joeyv78 said:
Cool do they eventually go away

The ones in my tank seem to eventually fall off, or get eaten I am not really sure. Occasionally there will be some eggs on my glass and I just scrape them off with an algae magnet. But as long as the snails are healthy they will continue to lay eggs in all sorts of random places. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom