White spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ked2016

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Nitrate 10
Nitrite 0
Clr 0
Hardness 150
Carbonate 50
Ph not sure color not on chart

I have white spots all over my tank. On my snails. Decorations, gravel none on the betta or bottom feeder, or other fish.

Attachments

• 20230610_185429.jpg
    20230610_185429.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 11
Those appear to be fish eggs and if you have any corydora catfish in the tank, most likely theirs. You might get lucky and they hatch and you get more of whatever you already have or your other fish will eat the eggs which is good protein for them. But just to rule out other possible fish, what species do you have in the tank?

Yeah nerite snail eggs. They need to be in softer water for them to stop laying eggs. They’re also a pain to remove.

Yeah nerite snail eggs. They need to be in softer water for them to stop laying eggs. They’re also a pain to remove.
A dental scalpel works well to pick them off one by one from the glass or driftwood. I resorted to wire wool to scrub a piece of rock clear once.

To OP they wont hatch in freshwater.

At least 1 of them is female then, possibly both. They dont need a male to lay eggs, but you need a male and female snail and brackish water for them to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom