White stringer stuff coming out of the hammers mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is white stringy stuff coming out of my newly acquired hammers mouth. Also I has not opens up since I got it from the lfs a week agoImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426339626.582738.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426339659.737655.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That's it expelling it's guys. It's not happy about something. What are you parameters? How long have you had him? If it's a recent addition how did you acclimate?

Just slowly added a few cups of water to the tank

Just slowly added a few cups of water to the tank

A few cups into the bag do you mean? How long did you acclimate him for? If it was only recently you added him give him time to adjust. In the meantime take a look at drip acclimation as it's much better than any other form acclimation. I drip acclimate my corals for 30-60 minutes depending on the coral, sometimes longer. Some will say a few hours you drip acclimate for the corals to make a safe, healthy, and gradual transition into your tank.

If he doesn't start looking better soon come back to this thread and we can try and figure it out. But we will need more information then - such as exact water parameters (numbers, not "okay nitrites, good nitrates") so post your basics like ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, alkalinity, magnesium, calcium, and phosphates. We would also need to know what lighting your running and what the flow in your tank is like.

But that's all if he isn't recovering. Good luck. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom