White stringy things Btwn live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
There's this white stringy stuff between 2 live rocks and also between the Rock and back glass. You can barely see it. The pics aren't great either. They seem rather crusty, and easy to scratch off but impossible to reach. What are they? Are they safe? What are they and should I bother getting rid of them? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1460408304.740896.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1460408321.589195.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you want to win the battle get to them fast and don't let them get to the sand ,
look like spinoid worms no doubt , they can take over fast so get rid if them fast , tooth brush works good with this task , once they get to the sand it is almost impossible to get rid of them ,
Ive changed out my sand 3 times and I'm still being haunted with these things,
if its easy to remove the 2 rocks they are on this can make things easy ,
you can scrub them off using peroxide to kill them off than rinse with tank water
they take over fast what you see now will be double tomorrow so act fast

If you want to win the battle get to them fast and don't let them get to the sand ,
look like spinoid worms no doubt , they can take over fast so get rid if them fast , tooth brush works good with this task , once they get to the sand it is almost impossible to get rid of them ,
you can scrub them off using peroxide to kill them off than rinse with tank water

Do you know what structure the worms should be? These things actually do not move, and are very crusty. I can scratch them off the glass with a algae scraper and they just break away like a piece of calcium precipitate. They are crispy like straw - not soft.

the tub is made of sand a little white stringy thing inside the tub that comes out . they basically are stationary they transport through the water current and occupy what ever they want , they multiply fast so they need to be eradicated fast to prevent them from spreading , I was infested I cleaned all my rock replaced my sand like 3 times and I still cant get them to die off , this is what happens when you don't get them early, I still have tons in my sand bed , they smother coral in the sand and also on the rock ,

I think I'm just going to throw out the 2 rocks and get some new ones from my LFS.

I wanted to send an update. I took the rock off and scrubbed off these things the best I could. Some was on the back glass so I hope the ID is easier. Still don't know what the hell these are. IMG_1480649161.858839.jpg
IMG_1480649179.989627.jpg
IMG_1480649206.774958.jpg

their spinoid worms the casing looks like a feather duster the worm itself looks like a white thread, google spinoid worm for a close up picture

I have these in my tank but I hardly see any. I got a pair of wrasses and now you would have to look hard to find the little tubes they make.

Scrubbed these guys off and they seem to have not returned for the most part. :) not sure if they were hazardous at all but I can see how they get out of hand.

Back
Top Bottom