White stuff on outside of glass.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misterpenguin4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im not exactly sure how long this white stuff has been here or how it got here. I always thought it was dried water on the background. But today I went to wipe it off and its on the glass. Its not like a calcium buildup where you can feel it. I tried wiping it off with water and it. Disappears when wet, then reappears when dry. Same thing with windex (I was very careful). You cant really feel it. Its smooth just like the glass. Its in the middle of my tank and looks bad please help.

img_2477924_0_13a05f4cf000983ef92f88d26ef3b68c.jpg

I think that this is some form of algae. algae is very common in tanks so there is nothing to worry about, just make sure your tank and filter is regularly cleaned out or there could be a death or disease. I have had this in my tank before and it has been fine .

He said Its on the outside of the the tank. Either way the only thing I could think of is hard water stains I sometimes get some on my yr ank that won't come off easily you can try to make a paste with baking soda and get a nonscratch scrubby pad and scrub the crap putts it with the paste on the pad. I think that's about as abraisive as you can get without scratching the glass.

Back
Top Bottom