White swirls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sounds like spirorbid worms. They're just filter feeders. More than likely hitchhiked on a rock and are spreading. They're harmless. If they become an obstruction of your view just scrape them off. I had some on my filter I cleaned the other day. They came right off. Hope this helps.

"Spirorbid worms are tiny, coiled tube worms that will often come from live rock and get on the tank glass. Being only a few millimeters in size they can be hard to notice at first. You will usually see these worms in a newer tank as they will decline in numbers as the tank matures. They are also filter feeders and are beneficial, found in tanks with high nutrients."

Sergie said:
It sounds like spirorbid worms. They're just filter feeders. More than likely hitchhiked on a rock and are spreading. They're harmless. If they become an obstruction of your view just scrape them off. I had some on my filter I cleaned the other day. They came right off. Hope this helps.

That pretty much sounds like what they are thank you

Do they look like this?

DSC00482-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom