Who acclimates CUC and who doesnt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noob Aquarist

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About to get some inverts to establish a CUC. Should I QT them? My QT doesnt have a sand bed and its clean as of now so what would they eat? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I don't QT them but definitely drip acclimate them for even longer than fish sometimes.

Yeah defo acclimate them maybe but I wouldn't worry bout the qt too much

You do not need a "CUC". I've kept many tanks over the years with little to no snails and/or crabs at all, and had no problems. What do you think is going to eat off of the sand bed and what exactly is on the sand bed that you want eaten? You probably just need an increase in flow to keep detritus suspended in the water column and that will solve the problem.

Remember, whatever you add to the tank will need food to survive. Why do you think people keep replacing dead snails and crabs? They starve.

mr_X said:
You do not need a "CUC". I've kept many tanks over the years with little to no snails and/or crabs at all, and had no problems. What do you think is going to eat off of the sand bed and what exactly is on the sand bed that you want eaten? You probably just need an increase in flow to keep detritus suspended in the water column and that will solve the problem.

Remember, whatever you add to the tank will need food to survive. Why do you think people keep replacing dead snails and crabs? They starve.

+1. Ive been invertless since starting this hobby

Back
Top Bottom