Who can relate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macdaddydaze

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im curious on who feels the same way imo i really hate octagon tanks they look so un natural and i think that fish would hate them but i just wanna knoe your guys feedback feel free to disagree with me :)

Im curious on who feels the same way imo i really hate octagon tanks they look so un natural and i think that fish would hate them but i just wanna knoe your guys feedback feel free to disagree with me :)

Is ANY tank natural?

I'd say fish were meant to NOT be in ANY tank, so... My answer would echo my friend above...

"Is ANY tank natural?"

It is natural to prefer either organic or geometrical forms in one's approach to art appreciation. Tanks are all design and I agree with you, the octogon tanks are unsightly and bizarre to my eye.

I prefer corner tanks to and other, with rounded or bow front acrylic

So what are your guys favorite tank design

I've always been fond of ponds and creeks outside. So my tanks are as heavily planted and natural as I can manage. I use whatever is cheapest or available tank wise. Acrylic is nicer to work with than glass, which I find distorts my depth perception and adds to the straight lines which I find less visible in rounded corner tanks like some acrylics have

Actually my all time favorite tank is at the Monterey Bay aquarium, it's a circular room about 10 across and once you walk in and look above there is a 360 degree tank full of thousands of schooling sardines. Sweeeeet!!

This is a link, it's full of anchovies not sardines!
YouTube

Search for Monterey 360 anchovies for still shots. I remember standing in there as a little kid, it's just as fun now!

Actually my all time favorite tank is at the Monterey Bay aquarium, it's a circular room about 10 across and once you walk in and look above there is a 360 degree tank full of thousands of schooling sardines. Sweeeeet!!

This is a link, it's full of anchovies not sardines!
YouTube

Search for Monterey 360 anchovies for still shots. I remember standing in there as a little kid, it's just as fun now!

Yeh thats pretty amazing

Back
Top Bottom