Who needs PAR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
From my Facebook page 22 March:

Went to get some rainwater from a bucket in my back yard and noticed hairgrass had been growing through the winter. Despite freezing temperatures and a number of days covered with snow and ice it’s looking rather nice and green. Summer should be interesting indeed. It’s very hard to make out in this picture. Amazing what will happen when you leave things alone.

IMG_0453.jpg

Fast forward to June 20th

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

Eleocharis Acicularis anyone? [emoji23]

Well even in the winter the sun still comes out which is why you might have success, also co2 is the air is 400x that of a non pressurized co2 aquarium, yes I agree on leaving stuff alone but in your case it is probably a result of the abundance of co2 and sun, I couldn't even grow crypt parva in my tank.

On a side note though to much par in a lightly planted tank with high Nutrients = algae

Yeah. Was tongue in cheek comment. Could be high par even indirectly. Would need to measure. Volume to surface ratio is also in favour of good co2 levels but even so. There isn’t a much algae in there. Very deep soil substrate.

Yeah. Was tongue in cheek comment. Could be high par even indirectly. Would need to measure. Volume to surface ratio is also in favour of good co2 levels but even so. There isn’t a much algae in there. Very deep soil substrate.
Yeah for sure, what I meant by light plant mass and high par is my tank is considered sparsely planted, my light is 82 par @ 18 inches so I have to run the light at 50 % to bring it down to around 40 or I get algae, I've tried to stop dosing thrive and well the plants didn't like that at all, I've tried only a 4 hour photo period still got algae with light at 100%, my fix for this is to add a more robust plant mass to the tank so algae can't get a foothold.

Back
Top Bottom