WHOOPS, I Medicated with Carbon in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spence22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I think i goofed up! I just medicated my 29 gallon aquarium, BUT i totally forgot to take the carbon out of my Pengiun bio-wheel 150! I didn't even realize it untill after i put one whole packet of Maracyn 2 in my aquarium. DO you think the carbon absorbed the medication? For my tank size I need roughly 2 1/2 packets. If i did goof up should i go ahead and dose the other 1/2 packet which would make 3 whole packets all together?

Maracyn 2 = 1 packet for every 10 gallons. My 29 gallon tank really only holds about 26 gallons.

i just put the fresh carbon in last night to help absorb some melafix that i was useing. and the Maracyn 2 was only in for maybe 2 minutes before i took the carbon out.

Let me rephrase that. I added fresh carbon yesterday to absorb the melafix but a few hours ago when i was adding the first dose of maracyn i noticed it was in so i took it out real quick. then after i removed it i went ahead and added the rest of the maracyn. I put 2 1/2 packets in all together. should i add some more?

Back
Top Bottom