why does my bristle nose pleco/ catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mundle

Aquarium Advice Activist
why does my bristle nose pleco/ catfish(the ones that only grow like 4/5 inches)
Torpedo my coryies at feeding time

why does my bristle nose pleco/ catfish(the ones that only grow like 4/5 inches)
Torpedo my coryies at feeding time

Personally I think they are short-sighted and find it a nasty shock when they see anything at ground level... I find they make little runs at other fish at feeding time but are otherwise good. The loaches don't care and the other fish just gobble the food behind their backs. Some ideas: how big is the tank, are the coryies new, do you have any driftwood for them, are they getting enough food? Hope they settle down for you.

60 litre ,2foot long
I dont have driftwood
I have fake caves and stuff
The cories are like 3 months old
They get fed every other day

Ive heard that driftwood is gpod for catfish , why?

60 litre ,2foot long I dont have driftwood I have fake caves and stuff The cories are like 3 months old They get fed every other day Ive heard that driftwood is gpod for catfish , why?

The fiber in driftwood aids in digestion for plecos. Some even depend on it entirely for food.

My albino seems to like bumping into the other fish to get them out of the way. What she doesn't know is that my Java, and pepper loaches love it when she does that so they all pile on top of her. Pretty funny to watch.

60 litre ,2foot long
I dont have driftwood
I have fake caves and stuff
The cories are like 3 months old
They get fed every other day

Ive heard that driftwood is gpod for catfish , why?

Just in case it helps, I use broken up sinking pellets for the catfish and flakes for the rest. Caves sounds good for them. Even still I find that they will leave a pellet to I guess defend ground. They are gradually getting smarter and not leaving the food so much.

My albino seems to like bumping into the other fish to get them out of the way. What she doesn't know is that my Java, and pepper loaches love it when she does that so they all pile on top of her. Pretty funny to watch.

Nice one! Yeah, I can picture them doing that. The catfish have learnt to shuffle backwards off towards the back of the tank with a pellet but get ambushed by the loaches who really have plenty of flakes to get but can't seem to let a chance go by.

It's not uncommon for pleco's, even bn to show some aggression during feeding. Males tend to be really bad sometimes. They do that to drive others away from what they consider their food. They also often do this with their favorite spot in a tank. I have a female bn and she rarely gets pushy with food but I've had others that turn into battering rams when food it put into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom