Wild Caught Fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

obedey

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone have experience with wild fish in their tanks. I just got one for my tank. Not sure if it is a bass or an estuary perch.
It won't eat yet but I guess it's still not sure what the {mod edit} heck is going on.
8104-albums10502-picture44234.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the head profile, it looks more like an estuary perch. Have you tried live foods? Try some live shrimp or prawns and see how it goes. My nephew had one (also from the Central Coast) a while back, and had no trouble getting it to eat live foods - he was able to move it onto pieces of prawn fairly quickly.

Tony

I threw an earthworm in there and it didn't want to look at it but now after about 3 hours I can't find the worm. It had a confrontation with the yabbie in there. Now the yabbie hides in log permanently. Gonna throw a few guppies in there after my guppy tank recovers from illness.

Pulled a few more out of the river and ate them. Guts were full of orange shrimp.

Ammonia going up. Guess that one little yabbie wasn't putting much load on the filter.

I think hes eating earthworms still haven't managed to watch him eat.
Haha a soaked a pellet in garlic that amazing substance that is supposed to be irresistible to fish. Didn't go near it. The yabbie had it though.

Back
Top Bottom